Two Factor Authentication
To enable TFA on your account ensure you have an OTP app, such as Google Authenticator [ Andriod | iPhone ], Authy [ Andriod | iPhone ] or Duo Mobile [ Andriod | iPhone ], installed on your mobile smartphone and then:
- Log into your website’s administrator
- Select Two Factor Auth from the left menu -> this will open a new page with options to enable
- Set up your preferred OTP app by either scanning the QR code or entering the Private Key provided
- Click the Current one-time password update link to refresh the one-time password and check that it’s the same as what’s given for your OTP app
- If the on-time passwords match, select the Enable option
- Click the Save Changed button to enable Two Factor Authentication on your account
When you log back into your website’s administrator, after entering your user credentials you will be asked to enter the one-time password currently displaying on your smartphone’s OTP app.
This applied across your entire account so if you have more than one website hosted on Amibe’s managed WordPress solution you have TFA protection on your login for all websites you have access to.