The Amibe Template widget inserts the template selected wherever it is placed. This allows templates to be reusable throughout a website. It also means that when a change is required it need only be made once, in the template, and this change will automatically reflect wherever the template has been inserted.
How to use it
- Create a new section template, either using Templates > Add New or by saving an already designed and laid-out section as a template.
- Add or edit either a page/post or template where this saved template should be inserted.
- Add the Template widget in the position where it should be displayed.
- Select the previously saved template to display from the list.
- Only section templates can be inserted in this way – so specify this when creating the template to be inserted.
- If there are multiple page layout templates but the header section remains the same on all, create the header as a section template and use the Template widget to insert the header into each page layout template.
- If there is a call to action section that should appear on multiple pages, create the call to action as a section template and use the Template widget to insert the call to action into each page where it should be shown.